Release Date: Crucible of Gold Audiobook

Many question have arisen since Del Rey Books published the US edition of Crucible of Gold. Questions like:

• When will the book be published in the UK?
  • When will the audiobook be published?
  • Will Simon Vance read the audiobook?
  • When will [insert Temeraire book] come out in my country?

I have an answer for one of them. The audiobook of Crucible of Gold will be published on June 1, 2012. We have asked that Simon Vance read the book. Keep your fingers crossed about that!

As for the UK edition of Crucible, we are still awaiting word on when it will be published. When we know, you’ll know. We promise!

About foreign editions of books, Naomi and I sadly don’t know when foreign editions will be translated or published. If you are curious about a book and you live in a country outside of the United States, you will have a better chance of finding out that information if you contact your local bookstore or contact your country’s Naomi Novik book publisher.

More news when we have it! Stay tuned!

This entry was posted in Crucible of Gold, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

19 Comments

1. Rachel
    Posted March 14, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Permalink

When will the paperback edition be released in the US? All of my other Temeraire books are paperback and I want them to match because I’m just weird like that.

2. Posted March 18, 2012 at 9:53 am | Permalink

Looking forward to reading CRUCIBLE OF GOLD. Unlike many, I’m not making a mad dash to obtain it at this instant, but will do so as budget and other considerations align.
    Please let Ms. Novik know that I miss her posts on Live Journal.
    Dave

3. Jeanie
    Posted March 18, 2012 at 11:46 pm | Permalink

I adore the series but have only read them via audio book. I didn’t know until the release date and it didn’t appear on Audible.Com that the audio version wouldn’t be released at the same time as the hardcover–aaaargh. Please don’t ever let that happen again! I’m praying that Simon Vance is the reader because his is the only voice for me for this series–he does a fantastic job. Now I’m preparing myself for another excruciating wait, but at least this time I will actually get the book : D

4. Posted March 29, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Whew – Now I can stop hitting refresh on Audible each morning when I search for “Naomi Novik”. :)

5. vinity
    Posted April 6, 2012 at 9:19 am | Permalink

Thank you! I also have been checking audible most every day {not after friday each week as that only seems to be religion books and erotica for some reason} I do hope it’s Vance. He rocks!

6. Brad Giaccio
    Posted April 10, 2012 at 7:05 pm | Permalink

I sure hope Simon does it, I’ve been reading it to my kids and I think they are ready to commit treason if I don’t let him take over.

7. Melissa
    Posted April 11, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

I’m so excited! June seem so far away.
    Simon Vance must continue reading the series, I couldn’t imagine anyone else doing the book any justice.

8. Dawg Riva
    Posted June 1, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Permalink

Weeeelllll .. June 1 has come an’ gone and no audiobook in sight!

9. Jack
    Posted June 4, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Permalink

Audible still doesn’t seem to have the Crucible of Gold audio book. Do we know if there’s a new release date or if it just hasn’t been posted there yet?

10. JNparker
    Posted June 6, 2012 at 10:57 am | Permalink

When will the audio book be released in the U.S., it is past the first of June and I still haven’t seen it? Can’t wait to get it though :)

11. Maggie
    Posted June 6, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

Where is it? I’ve been looking everywhere…

12. Frank
    Posted June 6, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

So like, it’s um, June 6. Any word on this?

13. Bruce
    Posted June 7, 2012 at 8:03 am | Permalink

June 1 has come and gone, and no sign of the audiobook. Any updates on this?

14. Molly
    Posted June 8, 2012 at 10:40 am | Permalink

Where’s the audiobook? I can’t find it anywhere…

15. Chris Dragon
    Posted June 11, 2012 at 7:52 am | Permalink

I found the audio CD published by Recorded Books, ISBN: 146184259X, ISBN13: 9781461842590 but it costs $92 to buy on 8 CDs! See http://www.recordedbooks.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=rb.show_prod&book_id=91691&prod_id=DF0004

So I think Recorded Books published it around June 1 but that doesn’t help when the price is so high and who wants to store 8 CDs per audiobook? I’ve been keeping my Audible monthly membership just to get this book but the delay past June 1 just cost me another month’s membership fee. Please let us know when it will be released on Audible!

• Posted June 11, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

This is the email I received from Random House this morning via Naomi’s agent:

I just checked in with Recorded Books, and the audio of CRUCIBLE OF GOLD shipped to all digital vendors on 6/1. They’re just waiting for it to be uploaded, which should be very soon.

So the book is done. It just needs to be uploaded by the sites that will be carrying it.

• kathy
      Posted January 7, 2014 at 6:39 am | Permalink

But Recorded Books won’t sell except to a library – do you know where an individual can buy it?

16. Hazel T
    Posted June 13, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

It appears to out now as I found it at audible.