Here is a bit more about it:
In this thrilling collection of original stories some of today’s hottest paranormal authors delight, thrill and captivate readers with otherworldly tales of magic and mischief. In Jim Butcher’s ”Curses” Harry Dresden investigates how to lift a curse laid by the Fair Folk on the Chicago Cubs. In Patricia Briggs’ “Fairy Gifts,” a vampire is called home by magic to save the Fae who freed him from a dark curse. In Melissa Marr’s “Guns for the Dead,” the newly dead Frankie Lee seeks a job in the afterlife on the wrong side of the law. In Holly Black’s “Noble Rot,” a dying rock star discovers that the young woman who brings him food every day has some strange appetites of her own.
Featuring original stories from 20 authors, this dark, captivating, fabulous and fantastical collection is not to be missed!
The anthology, edited by Ellen Datlow, is getting strong reviews from Publishers Weekly and Booklist. Naomi’s short story, titled “Priced to Sell”, is about vampires buying real estate in Manhattan. Be sure to look for Naked City, on sale July 5th!
- Curses – Jim Butcher
- How the Pooka Came To New York City – Delia Sherman
- On the Slide – Richard Bowes
- The Duke of Riverside – Ellen Kushner
- Oblivion by Calvin Klein – Christopher Fowler
- Fairy Gifts – Patricia Briggs
- Picking up the Pieces – Pat Cadigan
- Underbridge – Peter S. Beagle
- Priced to Sell – Naomi Novik
- The Bricks of Gelecek – Matthew Kressel
- Weston Walks – Kit Reed
- The Projected Girl – Lavie Tidhar
- The Way Station – Nathan Ballingrud
- Guns for the Dead – Melissa Marr
- And Go Like This – John Crowley
- Noble Rot – Holly Black
- Daddy Long Legs of the Evening – Jeffrey Ford
- The Skinny Girl – Lucius Shepard
- The Colliers’ Venus – Caitlín R. Kiernan
- King Pole, Gallows Pole, Bottle Tree – Elizabeth Bear